Let's Talk About Antidepressants


HUGE industry.
MASSIVE side effects.
UNBELIEVABLE withdrawal symptoms.
VERY controversial.


I take/took an antidepressant.

Back in 2007, I had to have a full hysterectomy. Afterwards, I was put on estrogen but I developed 3 blood clots so I was taken off hormones. Shortly after, I hit FULL BLOWN menopause. Oh. My. Word!

We had just moved and were in the process of looking for a family practitioner. I visited with one, explained my frustration with menopause symptoms: HOT flashes, migraines, insomnia, etc. He casually suggested putting me on a mild antidepressant to treat the symptoms. I knew NOTHING about antidepressants and thought it was worth a try.

To this day I REGRET that decision.

The antidepressants helped, however, I have tried COUNTLESS times to wean myself off and it has been frustratingly difficult. Seriously unbelievable.

I had NO idea what I was signing up for when I began taking antidepressants. (Shame on me!) I am in NO WAY saying they are wrong to take, I just wish I had been better educated when I decided to "give it a try". I am still shocked that this doctor was so casual and a matter of fact about prescribing it.

For me, weaning off this medication has been a nightmare. (I have even been hospitalized over it!) I get crazy dizzy, have slurred speech & migraines, I can HEAR my eye lashes close & shut, and I get extremely depressed.

But then . . . Plexus.

I know. Go ahead. Roll your eyes.
Again with the Plexus?!

Plexus just came out with a new product called VitalBiome. I have been taking it for about/over a month now and I am HAPPY to report that I have been able to CUT my antidepressant dosage in HALF! PRAISE THE LORD!!! I can't tell you how many prayers have been offered up in regards to getting OFF this drug!

Yet another reason I LOVE Plexus!

Vitalbiome has not cured me, nor is it an answer for antidepressants. But the Lord has used it (along with other products, diet, and exercise) to bring healing to my body. Oh how my body has needed this healing! Years of prescription medications & sickness.

Thank you, Lord, for helping me find all natural alternatives to bring healing, health, and time with my family.